New stories out! And new ones coming!

 




















Lake Crescent in Olympic National Park, Washington state.


Ten days in the Pacific Northwest, among mountains, sea, and moss-draped forests. And while I was there, I had two new stories come out and two new stories accepted.

 

“The Red Queen’s Heart,” at Lightspeed is a story about a magical night market. It’s also about a conquering queen, and what we give up to survive. I go into some detail about inspirations for the story in the accompanying author spotlight, and there’s a fabulous narration by Stefan Rudnicki in the podcast.

 

My second story of the month is “Remembering Day” at Uncharted Magazine, and this one is particularly dear to my heart. It’s a far-future story about mind-uploading, but it’s really an ode to the bodies and minds that we have right now.


Finally, I have a weird little dark fantasy/horror piece out this October in The Future Fire, and another weird fantasy/horror piece coming out in The Deadlands at some unspecified date. Story publications and new story acceptances-- a lovely way to round out a vacation among some of the most beautiful scenery on Earth. 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On memoir and things I have no experience of—A review of "Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life" by William Finnegan

Short fiction recs! Oct-Nov 2023

Short fiction recs! July--Sept 2023